The mission of the Tax Office is to serve through professional, accurate and courteous service and to efficiently collect and distribute revenue.
The tax assessor-collector is a public official elected on a countywide basis to a four-year term of office. This official’s principal responsibility is to collect and distribute taxes on county property for Randall County and for other taxing districts pursuant to inter local agreements.
The tax assessor-collector calculates taxes on property and then tax bills are mailed to taxpayers. The tax assessor-collector is also responsible for motor vehicle registrations and the collection of related fees and taxes.
- Randall County Tax Office COVID-19 Information (PDF)
- Driver’s license is required for all motor vehicle registration and title work.
- Personal property delinquent taxes will accrue an additional 20% collection penalty on April 1 of each year (Section 33.11(f) State of Texas property Tax Code) This includes all business personal and mobile home delinquent tax accounts.
- Reminder all payment cards will be charged a surcharge.
- Amarillo Annex has moved as of February 26, 2018, our new location is:
4320 S Western Street
- Beginning September 25, 2019 at 4:00 pm, you will be able to make property tax payments via the website; however, they will not reflect on your account until after the 2019 property tax statements are mailed. You will not be able to pay via the phone. We will be in the process of closing out the end of the year and generating the 2019 property tax statements to mail. You may continue to pay via the website or visit either office location to make a payment or you can drop off payments in the drop box at both the Canyon and Amarillo locations.
Tips to Avoid Long Lines
- Avoid the first and last week of the month
- Bring your property tax statement or account number
- If possible, avoid lunch hours between noon and 2 p.m.
- Make sure you have all the necessary motor vehicle paperwork
- Our property tax division will be the busiest the last day in January
- Utilize another option to renew your registration such as online or through the mail.