Randall County Election Administration has received approval from the Secretary of State’s office to use Vote Centers for all Randall County elections. Any registered voter in Randall County may vote at any of the locations provided. All Vote Centers will be open Election Day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Review the Election Day Vote Center (PDF).
General Election and City of Amarillo Special Election
Randall County Election Administration will be conducting a General Election and City of Amarillo Special Election on Tuesday November 3, 2020.
Some important things to know for this election:
- There will NO Straight Party voting on this ballot. This will be the first General Election in over 100 yrs. without it. This means it will take longer to cast a ballot. It will be helpful if you study a sample ballot before you come in to vote.
- Consider voting early! The Governor extended the dates for Early Voting. We have added 6 extra days at all 5 Early Voting locations. The lines will be much shorter during the early voting period than Election Day. There will be weekend voting.
- Voters who are registered to vote at an address inside the city limits will be eligible to vote on the City propositions. If your address is outside the city limits you are not eligible and it will NOT be on your ballot.
- Verify your voter registration early. Don’t wait until Election Day to check your status. Call us or visit www.votetexas.gov. You can NOT register to vote online. Be aware of potential fake registration sites on social media.
- The deadline to register to vote or to make any updates or changes to your voter registration is October 5, 2020.
- Mail ballots are available to voters who meet the criteria issued by the State. If you qualify to vote by mail, contact us. The USPS suggest that all ballots are mailed at least 7 days before Election Day.
- The Governor’s proclamation also amended the law on hand delivery of mail ballots. You may bring your ballot, no one else’s not even a spouse, present photo ID and sign a roster. This can ONLY be done at the Randall County Election Administration office at 1604 5th Ave., Canyon. You may hand deliver your ballot at any time upon receipt.
Early Voting in person is October 13, 2020 through October 30, 2020.
Last Day to Register
The last day to register to vote or make changes to existing registration is Monday, October 5, 2020.
Ballot by Mail
Ballot by mail applications must be received by October 23, 2020. The applications for ballot by mail may be emailed to the Election Administrator or faxed to 806-468-5634. The original hard copy must still be mailed and received in this office within 4 days of electronic submission.
- League of Women Voters Guide (PDF)
- Notice of 2020 General Election
- Notice of Convening Early Voting Ballot Board-10.25.20
- Notice of Convening the Early Voting Ballot Board (PDF)
- Notice of Voting Order Priority (PDF)
- Public Notice of Test of Automatice Tabulating Equipment
- Randall County Vote Centers 2020 Map
- Secretary of State Health Protocols